Wordless Wednesday (Boring Ducks)

mallards

mallard

mallard

RSS feed Subscribe to Mon@rch All Rights Reserved ©2006-2007

1. They all look cold! Nice shots thought, looks like you were close!

20 November 2007 at 7:30 pm

2. palofmine

Nice! I just posted my Wednesday! I am looking forward the Holiday! Hope you have a great one!

DEB

20 November 2007 at 8:00 pm

3. Lisa at Greenbow

I don’t think these ducks are boring. They are just so common around here. It would be really boring to go to many of the small ponds around the county and not see a few Mallards paddling about.

20 November 2007 at 8:20 pm

4. You were right. Those are boring. These are more interesting:

But that’s just my opinion 🙂

~ Nick

20 November 2007 at 9:22 pm

5. Boring ducks? Certainly not! Years ago I used to raise all manner of game birds–the ducks were the most entertaining. I had a kiddie pool in their pen & whenever I changed the water they completely LOST their MINDS. They’d paddle circles so fast around the rim that the centrifugal forces threw them out, they’d fly up & dive bomb it, they’d just play for hours. It was hysterical! By the time they were done you couldn’t tell I’d ever changed it, but a good time was had by all.
    Not to mention that baby ducks just might be the cutest things around…

20 November 2007 at 9:57 pm

6. I love ducks. The colored areas are just so iridescent. But I’d rather watch the pretty wild birds. It will be a long wait for them to come back.

20 November 2007 at 11:35 pm

7. NaturesPalette

I don’t think they’re boring either. They’re cute!

21 November 2007 at 1:01 am

8. duck are only boring because they are familiar… for those of us who haven’t ventured on the familiar for awhile these are awesome. Those are some gorgeous shots – I love the second. That guy is just thick with color. (p.s. when I went fishing the other day I ran into a guy and his four year old son who was duck hunting… I bet ya he would have found your ducks completely fascinating!)

21 November 2007 at 3:50 am

9. What beautiful colors on those pretty duckies. ;c)

21 November 2007 at 6:54 am

10. @ YN-J – thanks and these Mallards let me get somewhat close!
    @ palofmine – should be a good holiday for sure, Happy WW to you also!
    @ Lisa – I agree and I wouldn’t have photographed them if they were really that boring! I was also thinking more in the terms of the birds behavior, picture of the two, one turned head, other looking the other way! Below male sleeping! They looked bored!
    @ Nick – those are interesting, thanks!
    @ Lana – those ducklings are very cute for sure and how interesting you were able to watch them with the change! Cool
    @ Erie – They do have many colors with them! thanks you can have mine! LOL
    @ naturespalette – they can be cute but would have rather photographed a few ducks that I don’t have pictures of! LOL
    @ aullori – I completely agree and great to see others out enjoying nature!
    @ jayne – they do have some great colors, thanks!

21 November 2007 at 7:10 am

Now, now we just saw some of these yesterday, the rare Green Headed Duck! ;D

21 November 2007 at 8:16 am

12. I like mallards. They’re easy to identify and their quacking sounds like laughing to me. They always make me smile.

21 November 2007 at 10:48 am

13. Fantastic Shots! Thanks for sharing them.

21 November 2007 at 11:19 am

14. A little ducky trivia for you. Burgess Meredith, who played the Penguin on the ’60s Batman TV show, chose to quack like a duck while waddling around because he didn’t know the sounds penguins made. I love Burgess…

21 November 2007 at 3:08 pm

15. Yawn, snore, boring ducks. . . not, Tom! I love these ducks! 🙂

21 November 2007 at 5:37 pm

16. Wow! You were close! I would love to get that close to the pairs on my little pond!
    Not boring, always delightful!
    Sherry

21 November 2007 at 5:55 pm

17. Ahhh. They are very pretty boring ducks!

21 November 2007 at 9:01 pm

18. @ Marg – Those fun Green Headed Ducks are great finds!
    @ Ruthie – Quack, Quack, Quack . . that is fun to hear for sure! Thanks
    @ Laura – Thank you!!
    @ Beth – LOL, very interesting and wouldn’t have known!
    @ Pam – Great you love them! BTW: Yes I did Yawn reading your Yawn comment!
    @ Sherry – was hanging outside my truck for the photo! Sometimes vehicles make good bird blinds! Thanks
    @ Mary – thanks and I guess sometimes they are!

21 November 2007 at 9:07 pm

19. Now how could a creature with such a lustrous green head be boring? Au contraire!

21 November 2007 at 9:33 pm

20. Ducker

Theyre not boring! wish we had mallards down here…ducks are the coolest birds around, good photos!

22 November 2007 at 12:57 pm

21. @ Trixie – LOL thanks!
    @ Ducker – you can have my mallards!! Thanks!

22 November 2007 at 9:37 pm