Resting and Enjoying Everything Around Me

monarch
Monarch butterflies are still flying.

Instead of heading home early from work today to take a nap (like I wanted to do) . . . . I just kept busy spending the day with Adele looking butterflies and dragonflies that are still flying around. We only located 3 Monarch butterflies, 2 Darner species and a dozen or so Familiar Bluets over in Quaker Lake. I have closed the Owl Nets this evening due to a storm pushing through the area just after dusk (which gives me a rest day). . . . so here are a few random pictures I have taken that I wanted to share.

bridge reflection
Leaves are changing around Red House Lake!

bee on a tree
This Bee isn’t moving much!

Old mushroom and ants
Awesome mushroom that disappeared overnight!

Mapleleaf Viburnum
Mapleleaf Viburnum

Russian-olive Multi Flora Rose
Russian-olive berries and Multi-flora Rose Hips

Deer Scat
Deer Left-over Seeds (scat)

1. Love your pics, glad you’re able to take a rest tonight, especially after your big night last night. Where did the mushroom go?

16 October 2007 at 7:22 pm

2. Red House Lake looks spectacular!

16 October 2007 at 7:32 pm

ditto Ruth! great shots as always Tom!

16 October 2007 at 7:48 pm

4. Glad to hear you are going to get some rest.
    Scat hey! Makes me laugh because all I think about is the first time Don and I went to the Nature Pilgrimage and heard the guest speaker who was a tracker talk about scat. Wish I could remember his name.

16 October 2007 at 9:16 pm

5. Hey Tom, that lake picture is gorgeous! I’m hoping to catch and tag a few more late season monarchs if our sun ever makes a reappearance. I’m glad you’re still seeing some.

16 October 2007 at 10:09 pm

6. Spectacular! And I love the insect pictures, too. Thanks for identifying some of those berries. It is hard to identify some of the plants from books.

17 October 2007 at 1:28 am

7. The changing trees are beautiful. I am not sure we’ll have such vivid colors since it’s been so dry this year. Hope you are feeling rested.

17 October 2007 at 6:49 am

8. Gorgeous pics…except maybe the Scat. πŸ™‚

17 October 2007 at 7:11 am

9. Thanks for identifying those Russian-olive berries! I’ve been wondering what those are called. Wonderful photos, Tom! I especially love the monarch. πŸ™‚

17 October 2007 at 9:51 am

10. WE all need to recharge at some point. Juggling Work,Family and Owl Banding catch up to you quickly!
    Saw a Monarch on Friday at the Raptor Station.

17 October 2007 at 12:36 pm

11. Gorgeous! Take more lake pictures as the colors turn. Please, pretty please!

17 October 2007 at 7:05 pm

12. @ Pam – thanks and the rest was needed for sure! Not sure what happened to it but was a stunning one the night before!
    @ Ruth – It is a great place, thanks!
    @ Marg – thanks!
    @ Toni – Will ask someone tonight if they remember his name!
    @ Ruthie – Thanks and it’s a special lake for sure! Shouldn’t be too long before they are gone!
    @ Erie – thanks and I find it is hard to remember what I learned the plants as.
    @ Jayne – thanks and I hope it is close to peak this weekend! Will take pictures!
    @ Amy, thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words!
    @ Lisa – thanks and I know its called something else! I should look that up!
    @ Garth – When you do this by yourself a recharge is needed! Last year I think we had a rain day every other day! Congrats on the monarch!
    @ Trixie – Thanks and will take more this weekend!

17 October 2007 at 7:33 pm

13. Nice collection of Fall photos.-(except for the deer scat)-just kidding.

17 October 2007 at 8:48 pm

14. Tom- that photo of Red House Lake is GORGEOUS!! Enjoy resting up tonight as the weather blows through.

17 October 2007 at 9:42 pm

15. jimbeau34

An enjoyable venture thru your blog….thanks for sharing Tom.

18 October 2007 at 1:00 am

16. Sometimes you need a break to meander and notice bits of beauty.

The view of the lake looks like you are in full autumn color.

18 October 2007 at 8:30 am

17. Great pics Tom, the lake is beautiful, someday I will have to visit the area.

18 October 2007 at 2:23 pm

18. Great pic’s…..great shot of the monarch…haven’t seen any butterflies here for a few day’s…:(
    Gorgeous lake pic!
    Cat

18 October 2007 at 5:08 pm

19. @ Larry – thanks and I liked it! I am starting to think maybe it had Black Cherry Seeds in it!
    @ Lynne – thanks and the rest was needed!
    @ jimbeau – thanks and glad you enjoy it!
    @ Mary – thanks and we do need breaks from time to time!
    @ Bernie – thanks and hope you do!
    @ Catherine – thanks and we have not seen in since Tuesday also!

18 October 2007 at 7:22 pm

20. really great collection of shots! hey 😦 why you got butterflies when we got no butterflies???? *insert envy with seething energy* just teasing… all of this stuff is so gone from here. (cept the mushrooms I think only the snow makes them dissapear?) I love these shots and together they really work well. nice hard work – very pretty. my favorite? your bumble without question. He looks sleepy but he’s darn cute that way!

19 October 2007 at 9:46 pm