-2.9° to 42.4°F in 36 hours

Ice on the Building

Over the past 36 hours we have had a temperature change 45.3° degrees! To put that into perspective, if we had a low temperature of 55°F and had the same temperature change within 36 hours; we would be looking at it being 100°F outside!! Isn’t that crazy?

Here is my GOOD / BAD thoughts regarding this temperature changes.

Spring is getting closer Very muddy and ugly outside
Things are finally starting to melt Soon will have flooding
More time outside Treadmill gets dusty
Take more pictures Less time to watch Ellen
Furnace doesn’t run as long House in generally colder
Cats don’t lay on furnace vents as much Cats are laying on me more
No more shoveling Will probably snow again

American Robin

This evening I went for a quick walk around Red House Lake. I hoped to try and capture a bunch of pictures but the rain just made it too dark (and kinglets were too high up in the trees). Although taken with high ISO, there were 3 American Robins feeding on some berries. This was my only opportunity for a photo.

HAPPY FAT TUESDAY EVERYONE!

Isn’t it weird, I walked out to go to work this morning, and it wasn’t perishing out it was WARM!

Hmmmmm just had chocolate chip pancakes for dinner. Happy Pancake Tuesday Tom!

I just did something to the Blog and now I can’t update it ever……ooops, maybe I will start my own.

20 February 2007 at 7:36 pm

2. J. Alan Hendricks

Hey Mon@rch,

Seen you visited my site. Nice to know someone has been watching…and yes, I am back…man, just had a lot of stuff going on here…wife was in the hospital…then they found spots on her liver…that was a real scare! But everything has come out ok. My grandmother passed away thursday…funeral tomorrow…just stress…stress…stress…that is the reason for the time away. But I am back. See you have been busy as well. I will have quite a bit to catch up on. That will be fun though!

and by the way…thanks for noticing. That was nice.

20 February 2007 at 9:32 pm

3. This day was amazing!! Good analogy Tom – going from 55°F to 100°F would be a huge change.
    Great list of positives! I’m not going to think about the negatives – maybe they’ll just go away by themselves!
    Great photos – even though you couldn’t capture the ones you wanted!

20 February 2007 at 9:41 pm

4. Marg, so wish you would start your own! But, allow others to post on it? K?? Hey Pancakes are great! Also, the warm weather was wonderful!
    Pam – thanks and we should always think positive!
    J – Always watching! Sorry to hear about all the bad news!! Hope your wife is doing better.

20 February 2007 at 9:43 pm

5. Laissez les bons temps rouler ! ! ! !

20 February 2007 at 11:14 pm

6. Robins, spring can’t be far behind.

20 February 2007 at 11:25 pm

7. Great jump in temps! It’s refreshing to have a thaw after such a cold spell.

I think you’re plus vs. minus on the weather is great! I chuckled. 🙂

There’s a huge storm coming our way for the weekend…it was bound to change.

Randy

21 February 2007 at 1:20 am

8. Didi

So you did have bad weather ( awful weather).
    It appears you are not making the Fox News anymore :-))) last week all they talk about was NY is freezing and now it’s Britney Spears hair!
    I do hope it gets warm.. without the flooding 🙂

21 February 2007 at 2:22 am

9. Yep — ain’t nature grand! The temperature isn’t always perfect for us humans, is it?

I believe the thought of Spring is best. When its here its over (more of less) so we cherish it most in anticipation.

BTW — here in New England some Robins stay all winter so I’m not sure what seeing one means except that if you see one pulling a worm out of the ground — its probably spring!

Take Care,
    Frank

21 February 2007 at 7:05 am

10. The Robin was always my first sight of spring up north. Yay! Your pro’s and con’s cracked me up 🙂

Our morning temp went from 25 to 60 in 36 hours!

21 February 2007 at 9:23 am

11. Ric McArthur

Snow is going away. Can see the mess in the yard.

Lake ice is melting. No more polar beer swims.

21 February 2007 at 10:40 am

12. We’re having very definite signs of spring here, but I just looked at the weather predictions for next week, and we’re back to snow. That means frost on our daffodils and crocus, irises and hyacinths.

We have Robins all winter long. I forget that they migrate in most of the rest of the country. We do get to see the Varied Thrush in spring and fall. Whenever one is in the yard, I grab the camera. Their colors are specctacular.

21 February 2007 at 11:31 am

13. Robins are one of my favorite summer songsters. Can’t wait!

21 February 2007 at 12:02 pm

14. I’ll take spring over winter any day … although you bring up some good points. But I can top your temperature change. When I was living in Boulder (yes, that is my personal ‘This one time in band camp’ phrase), we went from an 80+ degree day to below freezing and 18″ of snow the next. Of course, at 5600′, you get some wacky weather.

Nice robin shot – I’m looking forward to our spring birds showing up more around our place. For now, we’ve got singing Carolina wrens, which means I need to get those nest boxes cleaned out ASAP!

21 February 2007 at 12:38 pm

15. @ Susan – hmmm, sure! 🙂
    @ Barb – A flickr friend has been seeing them up in Ontario also!
    @ Randy – ya, getting some snow tonight! But, enjoyed the weather when I could! Ice has been falling everywhere!
    @ Didi – If it melts quickly with the rain they talked about later in the weekend we will have flooding! Britney’s hair, LOL! I am so over hearing about that!
    @ Frank – I sure hope it is spring or about to be spring! I am so over this winter (then a month ago I was saying we never even had winter!
    @ Mary – thanks – was fun writing!! I thought of a few others, but will save for later!
    @ Ric – but it’s coming back!! You wouldn’t catch me jumping in that ice water!
    @ Robin – yeck, hate the fact it might snow again! I am so over it! Never seen the Varied Thrush, would be a great bird to have!
    @ Lynne – They have a great happy song!
    @ Marty – O my, those temps are crazy! Love Carolina Wrens but will be another month till I can clean out my few dozen boxes!

21 February 2007 at 7:23 pm

16. We see that kind of temperature change here a lot — especially in the summer but I’ve seen 40 degree changes this winter too. Starting at 36 degrees in the morning and soaring into the 70s isn’t unheard of here in the winter. Whenever we have fog free nights and days, we’re libel to have huge temperature swings. I don’t mind it in the winter but in the summer (when it does go over 100, I hate it!)

21 February 2007 at 8:52 pm

17. Sandy

We saw a flock of robins last weekend, and that is almost three weeks early for here. I wonder if that means we are going to have an early spring?

23 February 2007 at 2:44 pm

18. @ Egret’s Nest – It is crazy when the temps change like that! I do love the warm temps but I agree 100 is hot!
    @ Sandy – love the fact they are early! Maybe spring will be also! The ground hog said that it was going to be early!

23 February 2007 at 9:50 pm