I am not in Prison

a wonderful reflection
Allegany State Park, Administration Building

Thanks for the wonderful emails and kind comments from everyone! My favorite was TuNaMeLt asking “Are you in Prison”?? No, I am not in prison, I have no health problems and everything is alright . . . . just ask Jennifer . . . . I am still enjoying life as it should be enjoyed! Actually, I had my first of the year White-winged Crossbills around Red House Lake (CHECK).  I wish my camera was close, they seem to be everywhere I looked and allowed me to get within 6 feet of them!  Picture of them should be coming soon and maybe I will get a chance to band a few this year???

Anyways, thanks to everyone for everything!

Red House Creek
Winter is here in full force!

RSS feed Subscribe to Mon@rch All Rights Reserved ©2006-2008

1. Whew! Folks (myself included) were starting to ask around and worry about you. I’m very glad to hear that you’re OK and especially that you’re not in prison!

25 November 2008 at 5:52 pm

2. Tom, that is hilarious! I never thought that you were in prison- Although that would make for an interesting story, I’m sure. A break from blogging must be nice. Every day I think I’m going to hang up the blogging hat, then I put up a new post. It is just one of those things, constantly teetering on the brink for me. Have a happy thanksgiving.

Tom

25 November 2008 at 7:16 pm

3. I was guessing that there may be some new relationship that was taking all your spare time. Not prison exactly. Glad all is well!

25 November 2008 at 7:34 pm

4. The last picture of the stream is wonderful.

25 November 2008 at 7:45 pm

5. Pam

I was thinking like Ruth, that there may be some lady taking all of your time! Your photos are gorgeous! Happy Thanksgiving Tom!

25 November 2008 at 7:53 pm

6. Hey your breathing!! I don’t know if you remember me telling you about the magazine my blog was in or not, well it’s out now and I mentioned you in my article.

Are you enjoying the snow so far?

25 November 2008 at 8:00 pm

7. Lisa at Greenbow

Hi Mon@rch. So glad to hear your voice and see what is going on up your way. I figured you had fallen in love and didn’t have time for blogging or just simply got tired of blogging, kind of a writers block.

25 November 2008 at 8:22 pm

8. Hey hey hey! I’m glad that enough people poked you that you got back online.

25 November 2008 at 8:36 pm

9. Delighted to see a post and so glad you are not incarcerated! lol

25 November 2008 at 8:49 pm

10. Wow–Tom–all your fans have been waiting breathlessly. Thank goodness–now we can exhale and then inhale.
    Good to know you are well, and all is well.
    We miss your banding tales, and your lovely photos.

25 November 2008 at 8:52 pm

11. I can understand taking a break; my nature blog has gone into hibernation for a while, too. (My litblog is alive & kicking though!)

I was missing your regular posts & photos, so it’s great to hear from you again.

25 November 2008 at 9:54 pm

12. Grace

I was watching for a post on this year’s saw-whet owl banding. Hope you get pix of the crossbills.

25 November 2008 at 11:39 pm

13. I’m very, very glad to know you aren’t in prison. Not that I had considered *that* possibility but I was missing you. Glad life is good!

26 November 2008 at 12:17 am

14. Tom, it’s good to hear from you now and then. It’s good to let us know, now and then, that all is well. Happy Thanksgiving, and I look forward to hearing about your future banding stories.

26 November 2008 at 1:47 am

15. Hey Tom! When your blog popped up on my Bloglines this morning, I smiled broadly! Glad all is well and that you’ve just been taking a break. We’re looking forward to seeing that banding. :c)

26 November 2008 at 7:40 am

16. Oh my gosh… I never even heard of a white-winged crossbill until this very moment. See, even in your infrequent posts you manage to teach me something every time. Thanks Tom! (Happy Thanksgiving! Turkey at mom’s?)

26 November 2008 at 7:41 am

17. I was for sure thinking you found the girl of your dreams. But if it wasn’t that, being on the run, using fake names, running from the law, maybe crossed my mind, but prison, absolutely not! I’m so glad you gave the video games a rest and returned to your fans (was it really video games?) I love your photos, they are beautiful. Welcome back!

26 November 2008 at 8:39 am

18. Yea! Mon@rch’s back!
    Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your winter wonderland.

26 November 2008 at 9:59 am

19. Prison isn’t so bad – especially if you like massive tattoos everywhere….so I’ve heard 😉 Welcome back!

26 November 2008 at 1:22 pm

20. Great to see that wonderful wintry scene there. Glad all is well and your life is enriched by beautiful crossbills. Happy Thanksgiving, Tom.

26 November 2008 at 2:07 pm

21. Sarah

I was going with you being abductted by aliens, being held hostage on a foreign planet with nothing but peanut butter to eat. I’m glad you haven’t been in alien prison. Your pix are wonderful!

26 November 2008 at 3:08 pm

22. Michael Head

Nice photos Tom. I was LMAO as I read all the ladies speculating on your love life. You have LOTS of moms!

Best to you and your family

Mike and Noreen

26 November 2008 at 9:10 pm

23. Tom, I never thought your were in prison but I was wondering how much fun you’ve been having! Glad to hear you are enjoying life but a little sad to hear winter is in full force up there – already!

Have a grand time doing what you do so well. Love the winter scene.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Mary

26 November 2008 at 10:37 pm

24. Welcome back, I’m still not convinced you weren’t in prison though. Good cover with the crossbills story! Seriously though, glad to see you back.

26 November 2008 at 11:13 pm

25. Ann

Tom,
    A neighbor this week called me about a bird that was found in her driveway. It was a WWCrossbill. I had just been roaming the roads looking for them. It was ironic that she brought it to me the next day, so that I would take care of it. As soon as the driveway was plowed yesterday, I took it to Dr. Bill Seleen in Jamestown. He thought that it might have a head surgery, because it was walking in small circles- very wobbly. We’re hoping that it will survive. If I can’t include phots here, I will send them separately.

27 November 2008 at 8:47 am

26. marg

Hiya Tom: I missed your return! Wouldn’t banding a White Winged Crossbill be awesome we are plotting how to do it too

28 November 2008 at 7:38 pm

27. Glad to hear you didn’t become incarcerated – but we have missed your posts around here! Now send some of those northern species down this way, will ya?

30 November 2008 at 11:54 am

28. Bethany

Hey Tom! Happy (late) Thanksgiving! Nice to see someone’s getting snow…I wish there was more up here. I had no idea there were White-winged Crossbills, that would be a lifer for me. Hope owl banding went well, I’m sad I missed it!

3 December 2008 at 12:53 pm