Upper Allegheny River Basin Workshop

I have been involved with a workshop sponsored by the Nature Conservancy and NYS Department of Environmental Conservation for the past two days. They have brought together many scientist, universities, governmental partners and natural resource professionals to assist in putting together an in-depth conservation action plan for the Upper Allegheny River Basin. This was the third of four workshops scheduled for completing this action plan. This workshop was focused on helping develop some broad strategies determined in previous workshops for multiple critical threats from the Upper Allegheny Basin. Back in April 2006, they had the first workshop and kicked everything off by bringing everyone together for the Allegheny Biodiversity Symposium. I presented an oral paper on the Changing Butterfly Fauna in Allegany State Park and one of 50 papers/posters presented that day. I felt honored to be involved in this important long-term conservation plan for the Allegheny River System and can’t wait to see their finished product.

tnc
Many of the workshop participants!

BTW: caught 2 Northern Saw-whet Owls last night!

RSS feed Subscribe to Mon@rch All Rights Reserved ©2006-2007

1. Is that you up front being all presenter-y? Nice venue and what interesting work.

30 October 2007 at 8:47 pm

2. You are a busy man Tom!!! 🙂

30 October 2007 at 9:22 pm

3. That’s wonderful you are still catching the owls! You’ll have to fill us in on how the butterfly fauna is changing. It sounds like an interesting subject.

30 October 2007 at 10:46 pm

4. wow… just about the time I thought I should have been impressed you start quoting the nature conservatory and doing a presentation for these guys? Wow. what an awesome accomplishment! (boy I would have been soooooo nervous) nice work!

31 October 2007 at 3:39 am

5. @ Trixie – LOL, nope that was not me! I was taking the picture in the far back!
    @ Bernie – thanks and try to be!
    @ Erie – I still have another month of catching them! Should be a very good year! This link https://monarchbfly.com/bfly-studies/ talks about those studies!
    @ aullori – that was a while ago and presented in front of many friends! BTW: I did work for TNC many moons ago as a Field Assistant on some bird work in Michigan. Was a great time! Thanks!

31 October 2007 at 7:07 am

Very neat to be involved in this!

31 October 2007 at 12:21 pm

7. Grace

Two more 🙂 🙂

31 October 2007 at 5:07 pm

8. Wow Tom!! Very cool that you were involved in this! You’re awesome!

31 October 2007 at 7:43 pm