Take a drive through Allegany State Park

Sun and Leaves
Back Lighting

We are getting very close to the leaves being at peak here in Allegany State Park this weekend. Please enjoy yourself while I take you through the park looking at the fall leaves.

Red House Lake
Red House Lake

Administration Building
Administration Building

Puppy Coming Out of the Water
Puppy Coming out of the Water

Bridge
The Bridge

Summit
Summit Area

Salamanca
Salamanca, NY (Where I grew up)

RSS feed Subscribe to Mon@rch All Rights Reserved ©2006-2007

Related Post:
Kaz Allegany State Park Fall Photos 1 and Photos 2 from yesterdays visit.

1. I am awestruck at the beauty! It’s 49 degrees, very gray with 20-35 MPH winds from the north here today. (and the Vikings are losing…) Do you have room for me and my family?

😉

21 October 2007 at 6:48 pm

2. Every picture is worthy of a postcard. (Do people buy those anymore?) We lack the hills that add beauty to your fall landscapes, but we enjoyed the same beautiful weather today.

21 October 2007 at 6:57 pm

3. Your trees / photos are so beautiful, Tom! Thanks for the virtual ride through the park! Where is “The Bridge?”

21 October 2007 at 7:21 pm

4. @ Lynne – Might be a tight fit but will try to make room for you! LOL Thanks!
    @ Ruth – Thanks and I don’t buy them! I am glad you had such wonderful weather today!
    @ Pam- thanks and it is located around Red House Lake

21 October 2007 at 7:27 pm

5. I was in the enchanted forest today! What a beautiful park the Allegany State Park is. It turns out only to be a little over an hour’s drive from our house. We are so taken by the beauty that we decided we will get NY fishing licenses next year in addition to PA and spend a lot of time up there canoing, fishing and camping. I’ve never seen leaves like that in my life! The trip today was right up there with Yellowstone and Yosemite in my book of highlights of my life. Though the color is short-lived the colors will stay in my mind. Thunder Rocks were great, too. I’ll be posting some pictures, too. Too bad I didn’t get to meet you. We decided late last night to go and there wasn’t time to try and get a hold of you. I almost asked at the administration building but it was pretty crowded around there today. Next time.

21 October 2007 at 7:53 pm

Wow Tom it looks like paradise! Your leaves look way better than ours this year

Thanks for the Sunday drive ;D

21 October 2007 at 8:03 pm

7. Breath-taking beauty!

21 October 2007 at 8:10 pm

8. @ Erie – I am sorry that I missed you! I wasn’t working today but my office is in the Admin Building (when I am not out in the field)! But did get out to take a few photos around the park! The leaves were stunning for sure and I think you caught it just before peak, so it should get a little better here soon! Please feel free to let me know if you are going to be in the area! Would be fun to meet!
    @ Marg – sure was and this is a dull year due to the drought!
    @ Rondi – thanks!

21 October 2007 at 8:32 pm

9. Gorgeous colors and places. I love the puppy picture. ~nita~

21 October 2007 at 9:08 pm

10. Ah . . . . So – you grew up in a town nestled among beautiful hills. It stays with you, doesn’t it?

The back-lit leaves are lovely. The pup is precious. Is he anyone you know?

21 October 2007 at 9:09 pm

11. Beautiful photos!

21 October 2007 at 9:46 pm

12. You grew up in a beautiful place like that? It’s no wonder you stayed.

I don’t think I’ve seen better fall color, Tom. Beautiful!

21 October 2007 at 10:01 pm

13. I had an old friend from Delhi in high school. We lost touch. But all through college he would send me a few fall pictures along with some real leaves. Sigh…

You live in a gorgeous place. I love your admin building.

21 October 2007 at 10:40 pm

14. Okay, Mon@rch, those are the reds I’m looking for! Looks like a colorful patchwork quilt, and I love your backlit photo. Very nice, and very autumnal.

21 October 2007 at 10:49 pm

15. So beautiful. I need to get out and take some pictures of our local color. We don’t get as much as you but it is beautiful.

21 October 2007 at 11:56 pm

16. Awesome pictures, Mon@rch! And don’t you just love how blue the sky seems to be this time of year also (must just be the contrast to all the colorful leaves).

22 October 2007 at 8:17 am

17. Thank you for the Sunday drive! Your neck of the woods is very beautiful! Not only do you see fantastic birds but your trees are breathtaking!
    Thank you for showing us what autumn is like in New York. Wow!
    Sherry

22 October 2007 at 2:22 pm

18. What a wonderful place to work, I am jealous, great shots here…The color is beautiful Tom.

22 October 2007 at 3:52 pm

19. Tom I have nominated you for a Thinking Blogger Award. ~nita~

22 October 2007 at 6:57 pm

20. winterwoman

Wow, Tom. These are spectacular photos from a very pretty day! I wish I had had time to drive with you through the park. I got outside a little… but not nearly enough to suit me!

22 October 2007 at 7:34 pm

21. @ Nita – thanks and it was a cute puppy!
    @ Cathy – I did grow up between the hills! Thanks and was someone’s dog I saw while walking around the bike path! I asked if I could take a picture of their dog!
    @ John – thanks
    @ Mary – LOL – the casino was just to the left of this picture!
    @ Trixie – All trees have real leaves! LOL thanks and not my building but just where my office is located.
    @ LostRoses – thanks and loved that photo also!
    @ Liz – I sure hope you do take some pictures! Colors are really red today!
    @ Ruthie – Not sure why the blue turned out like that! I have been playing with my camera settings!
    @ Sherry – glad you enjoyed this! Thanks and one of the best places in the world for sure!
    @ Bernie – thanks and I two love the colors!
    @ Nita – you are too nice, thanks!
    @ Jen – thanks and glad you enjoyed them! I am surprised you have not been out much!

22 October 2007 at 11:20 pm

22. Didi

Such a beautiful place.. not at all what I think when someone mentions New York. Your pictures are excellent .. show the beauty of the Fall colors.

and get room for me also!!! 🙂

23 October 2007 at 2:07 am

23. Gorgeous! I look forward to the day that I get around to visiting your area, whenever that may be.

23 October 2007 at 10:53 am

24. Kal

Really nice shot… I like how the sun is visible by the green leaves on the left and how they contrast with the changing colors on the right. Very beautiful.

25 October 2007 at 9:37 pm

25. Fantastic scenery.-You’ve got me psyched up for my camping trip this weekend.

25 October 2007 at 10:25 pm