Happy Christopher Columbus Day

Phoebe
Phoebe lying Around

Holiday’s are for lying around and that is exactly what I did. I took “2” naps today and they were very much needed after being skunked once again last night (with Saw-whet Owls)!! My first bird will arrive one of these days and just maybe it will happen “tonight”?? Although, it is good to know that another fellow Western New Yorker that lives about an hour (North) from here also hasn’t caught anything (well as of this weekend)!

Also, took the day to head over to Wal-Mart and return my E. Coli (TOPPS) burgers that I had in my freezer. I had eaten 3/4’s of the box and didn’t get sick . . . . but still was able to get all of my money back for it. Then used the money to get some needed groceries.

1. Can Phoebe share her sunbeam, please? I need a nap, too.

8 October 2007 at 9:16 pm

2. Wouldn’t it be great to be a cat for a day? Somebody would bring you food and water and you wouldn’t have to do anything but follow the sun around from one soft napping spot to the next.

8 October 2007 at 9:18 pm

3. Happy Columbus day to you, too! Oh, I sooo need a job that has more holidays off!!
    Phoebe looks so soft and comfy laying there in the sun! I’m sure she enjoyed having you around today!
    Glad you didn’t get sick from those burgers – ewwww!

8 October 2007 at 9:28 pm

4. HA HA HA HA! The life of a cat. I’m jealous. When I leave for work in the early AM, my dogs are SNORING ON OUR BED!

Naps are wonderful and usually much needed. I’m glad you didn’t get sick.

8 October 2007 at 10:19 pm

5. Miss Phoebe is so cute. Do you know why the ghost got a tummy ache? He was goblin his goodies. Get it?( Goblin) his goodies. ha ha Glad you did not get sick. ~nita~

8 October 2007 at 10:43 pm

6. Someday I will have to show you my Lily (cat).
    Glad you had a relaxing day.
    Did you know this is also Thanksgiving Day in Canada?

8 October 2007 at 10:46 pm

7. What a gorgeous kitty – she obviously has the “owners” of the house trained. A bird loving, cat lover… who’d-a thunk it? 🙂

8 October 2007 at 10:54 pm

8. @ Trixie – she isn’t good at sharing! LOL!
    @ Ruthie – Sure would for sure! My two cats have it made!
    @ Pam – I two am glad not to have gotten sick!
    @ Mary – With my cats getting older they have started shoring also!
    @ nita – Thanks and that’s a great one!
    @ Toni – I did know this was the Canadian holiday also! E’Ville has the big October Festival this weekend! Ugg, had to drive around it!
    @ aullori – Thanks and they sure do have me trained! Well she has tried to!

8 October 2007 at 11:31 pm

9. What a cute cat! I’m a cat lover, I have 3. I hope you get your owls. It seems you can’t eat anything now days and be sure it is free of e coli. I’m glad you didn’t get sick.

9 October 2007 at 1:30 am

10. Mmmm….E. Coli… 😉
    I’d love to stretch out in the sun on the couch with Phoebe!

9 October 2007 at 8:31 am

Ewwwwww yuckers to burgers. On the way home from Thanksgiving dinner we met a black cat stretched out on a fence and we all took turns worshipping (petting/scratching) here and went off talking about the wonderful life of a cat!

Don’t worry owls will come

9 October 2007 at 9:03 am

12. That is what I like to call “sacked out”!

9 October 2007 at 10:24 am

13. 21.7 million pounds of meat recalled….30 people sick. Guess a lot of folks got lucky. Glad you were one of them.

9 October 2007 at 11:26 am

14. Is Phoebe a Maine Coon? Our kitty cat, Bonsai, is a Maine Coon, and he looks so much like Phoebe. They do like to stretch out in the sun.

9 October 2007 at 11:39 am

15. Michael Head

You will get your owls. Do yo think they are delayed by the warm weather or are they driven by the amount of daylight?

Actually if you cooked your e.coli burgers adequately you won’t get sick. I never! eat a pink hamburger.

9 October 2007 at 1:56 pm

16. Yikes! I’m so glad you didn’t get sick, Tom.
    I love that picture of your kitty. I had a relaxing weekend too, for the most part. I’m glad to hear you got some good naps in. 🙂

9 October 2007 at 3:52 pm

17. Love that stretched out kitty.
    Cats do the best job of sleeping.
    Oh my, you ate the problem beef but are ok? And bought new groceries with the refund; now, that’s planning.

9 October 2007 at 9:07 pm

18. @ Erie – I have 2! If you look in my next post . . . I did! YAH! I two am glad that I didn’t get sick!
    @ Lynne – I could have done that today!
    @ Marg- Those cats do have the life!
    @ Veery – LOL, she always is!
    @ threecollie – I am glad that I didn’t get sick also!
    @ Robin – I am not sure but we believe it could be!
    @ Mike – Yeah, and I think it might be more about the right weather patterns.
    @ Lisa – That would have been bad if I got sick! Thanks and glad you relaxed this weekend also!
    @ KGMom – thanks and because it was wal-mart they guarantee their meats. If it gets returned they give you more of a percentage!

9 October 2007 at 9:42 pm