Cute Wordless Wednesday

chickadeenest two

Nesting Black-capped Chickadee taken by Young Naturalist C.

1. Too cute for words!!

9 May 2007 at 4:36 pm

2. Perfect comment, Lynne.

9 May 2007 at 6:25 pm

3. Chickadees are awesome.

9 May 2007 at 8:52 pm

4. What a great picture of a Chickadee. I hope her babies successfully fledge.

9 May 2007 at 10:13 pm

5. I love the aerial view of the chickadee–it looks so fuzzy.
    Yikes, I realize I am one blog behind on reading you–I missed the robin hatching blog. We seem to be overrun with robins here this year–they are everywhere. And they are so noisy greeting the coming dawn.

9 May 2007 at 10:29 pm

6. Beyond cute! I love it! THanks for the chick-chick-chickadee!

9 May 2007 at 10:37 pm

7. I think chickadees make the most comfy nests of any bird. Look at all that fluffiness!
    And I love how the female is NOT GOING ANYWHERE even though the roof of her house is open. Rock on, mama!

9 May 2007 at 10:44 pm

8. Awwww… that is way too cute indeed! What a view!

10 May 2007 at 6:37 am

9. Love your bird pics! (you have a wonderful photographic team)
    Any landscapes of Allegheny? We tramped there regularly in the 15 years we lived in western NY–now we’re missing it (in southwestern Ohio)

10 May 2007 at 7:44 am

10. @ Lynne – Thanks!
    @ Shutterbug – thanks
    @ Larry – thanks
    @ Barb – ditto and Young Naturalist C plans on taking photos inside once every other day to capture the whole series!
    @ KGMom – I jumped the gun and posted earlier than I normally do since it was wordless Wednesday.
    @ liza – thanks
    @ susan – looks like this chickadee has cat fur, string, moss, ect.. very comfy nest! She just looks up as if to say, “Can I help you?”
    @ Jayne – thanks
    @ nina – Young Naturalist C does some wonderful work and really knows how to take some great photos. Thanks for all your kind words and to see more pictures of some landscapes go to my photo page at https://monarchbfly.com/photos/ and down below you can find a (visit and views) link to my flickr site. Many shots that should bring back some memories!

10 May 2007 at 9:29 am

11. When I first saw the pic, I thought it was a piece of Native American art. I like the balance and how she sits directly in the center.

The robin video below is absolutely beautiful. What a close and intimate look at bird life.

10 May 2007 at 10:39 am

12. Very cute – great shot. Sadly, our cats have warned off our chickadees from nesting in the same box as last year. But we had a cardinal chick in the yard this morning, trying out the new wings. Does that count?

10 May 2007 at 4:02 pm

13. Can’t get any cuter than that!

10 May 2007 at 10:25 pm

14. Gabrielle

I have read the story i sure wish that happened to me i would of love to see where the Chicks were (if i put a tracking system on the bands)it would be cool to take care of the baby’s but not so fun to be bitten by one…
    Back to my point i loved the story and i really liked it…

2 April 2010 at 6:57 pm