My life is about living with nature – here you can live it with me!

Cat and Dog Act Gone Bad!

This isn’t my typical nature post but this is worth changing everything around for the day! My mother continues to be tested by her two adopted kids teaming up together and causing nonstop trouble. I received this phone call from her telling me about how this most recent event went bad for everyone.

sleeping after a big event

Supposedly the dog decided that it was too cold outside and left a stinky treat for my mother on the kitchen floor! Upset with the dog, she yelled at him and cleaned up after it. Because it had stunk so bad, she decided to light 3 candles to help mask the horrific odor. Of course the cat had to investigate the crime scene after hearing her partner in crime had been yelled at (as she always does).

Cat and Dog playing

My mother continued telling me how she was running around trying to get ready for a funeral that she was about to attend. While running around the house and head outside to start her car; she happened to notice 4 flames over in the kitchen. With motherly instincts she realized that the cat’s tail was on fire. You have to hear how my mother explains it but there sat the cat with no clue that she had just placed her tail in the wrong location. Mother now needed to rescue her, ASAP!

Of course my mother freaked out (as would anyone finding their babies on fire) and smothered the flame by placing the closest towel over the cat’s tail. Being startled by all the excitement the cat took off hiding in a location which made it impossible for my mother to check to see if she had been burned.

Moms Cat

Of course the cat is perfectly fine with only shorter hairs on her tail now. We continued to discuss how lucky the cat was that those huge flames were seen just as the event happened. We could only imagine what would have happened if the cat got startled while on fire and hid somewhere!! She could have burned down the whole house, curtains or even one of the couches. She is so luck that she didn’t get seriously burned which wouldn’t have been good.

So, not only did the house stink from the dog, it now smelled like burnt cat hair. MOM –  I know you are reading this! PLEASE place your candles in locations which the cat will not be sticking her tail or whiskers in!!

12 responses

  1. OMG – I’m so glad your Mom saw the cat’s tail before anything worse happened and that everyone and everything is okay!

    24 January 2007 at 11:53 pm

  2. Didi

    I am also glad everything is ok..
    but can’t help to think what the news would have sound like
    Cat’s tail on fire burn the whole house.. insurance is skeptical about that event!
    So I’m happy your mom just have
    a stinky house ;-)) no visitors for awhile.

    25 January 2007 at 12:49 am

  3. MOM

    I am fortunate that you never caused me even a fraction of the problems my two adopted furry children have.
    Sad to say, Gracie (the cat) is the smart one of the two.
    What will I be calling you next about?
    MOM

    25 January 2007 at 8:07 am

  4. Marg

    Oh you’re poor mother, and cat! But I must admit I had to laugh a little reading this.
    Glad it turned out so WELL!

    25 January 2007 at 8:12 am

  5. Sorry, but I had to chuckle a little too! Lucky cat, lucky house, lucky Mom!!

    25 January 2007 at 9:23 am

  6. I am so sorry but I laughed throughout this story (already knowing everything is OK). Cats and candles don’t mix. I’m glad all is well. But your sense of humor is too good.

    25 January 2007 at 9:29 am

  7. A very funny story–now that we know everything turned out alright.
    Cat owners very quickly learn to place anything that a tail can swipe out of reach. That includes candles.
    I love the dog’s nose just peeking into one of the photos, with the “Me?” look on that face.

    25 January 2007 at 9:35 am

  8. MOM

    Both the dog and cat are truly brother and sister.
    They love to play and are so close. It is a real riot to watch them chase each other and play hide and seek.
    The cat was on the counter that she knows she is not allowed. I think she was trying to get to Newman (meowman as she calls him) and give him some comfort.

    25 January 2007 at 11:15 am

  9. WOW – never expected so many great comments!
    @ Pam – you have no idea how happy I am also! Thanks!
    @ Didi – glad everything did turn out alright and it is just stinky! I agree that it would have been hard to explain if things did go bad!
    @ MOM – you probably didn’t hear about half the things I did!! LOL I did tell you a few as I got older!
    @ Marg and Lynne – Ya, I needed to laugh hearing my mother tell the story!
    @ Mary – it is great the things we learn and how we learn them!
    @ KGMOM – I also love that shot with the dog! Thanks!
    @ MOM – thanks and they are great friends!!

    25 January 2007 at 4:40 pm

  10. 1blessedmom

    Oh my! I’m sure glad everything turned out all right. That could have been a real disaster. Great to hear that your mom, the cat, the dog and the house are all safe. I’ve heard that most house fires are started by candles.

    Since everyone and everything is safe, it is a little funny to hear about, though.

    25 January 2007 at 11:38 pm

  11. Di Herron

    Wow!
    What an amazing story, glad your mom and her adopted family are all okay.
    Scarey!

    26 January 2007 at 8:19 pm

  12. @Blessed Mom – I agree that this could have turned out to be a disaster! That is a great reason for me not to have any caandles in the house! Thanks!
    @DiHerron – they are doing great, thanks!

    26 January 2007 at 9:29 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s