Nature Haiku [Poem]

Photo by Marg (thanks Marg)

Nature Haiku

Mockingbird at night
would disturb the universe
and sing forever

By: Maxwell Corydon Wheat, Jr ©

RSS feed Subscribe to Mon@rch Photo and Poem were published with authors permission!

Ooooo I’m so excited-first for using my photo-Thank you and second I got to comment first-LOL!

10 March 2008 at 8:27 pm

2. I saw my first mockingbird today…flitting around the school yard. I was so surprised, I didn’t have time to find my camera, but I’m going to look for it tomorrow, camera in hand =)

Love the poem!

10 March 2008 at 8:34 pm

3. That’s a really nice picture of a mockingbird, Marg. I didn’t know they were so pretty up close. re: the Haiki: Yep, as much as I like mockingbirds, they used to wake me up at night when I lived out west.

10 March 2008 at 8:37 pm

4. Beautiful photo! Beutiful poem. I love Haiku. great pairing.

10 March 2008 at 8:46 pm

5. Very, very nice, Marg and Mr. Wheat!

10 March 2008 at 9:03 pm

6. Beautiful mocker shot, Marg! LOVE the Cooper on your flicker site as well!

10 March 2008 at 9:18 pm

7. Great picture Marg!!!

10 March 2008 at 9:27 pm

8. lvn600

Nice photo-and ain’t that the truth!

10 March 2008 at 9:35 pm

9. Lisa at Greenbow

Great picture Marg followed by a great Haiku Max. I realllly like this one. I can just hear those mockers singing. I have one that is terrorizing the feeder right outside my office window. I wish he/she would move on. She has decided that this is her personal feeder. I haven’t seen the red-breasted nuthatches since she moved in and took over.

10 March 2008 at 10:19 pm

10. @ Marg – no . . THANK YOU and was an honor to allow me to use it!
    @ Rondi – how great to see them! We just don’t have any around here and sometimes wish I did have seen more of them! Hope you get picture of yours that you found!
    @ Linda – didn’t she do great? I also love Max’s Haiku! I use to have a chipping sparrow who would vocalize once an hour each night!
    @ Kathiesbirds – thanks and glad you enjoyed it!
    @ Pam – didn’t they do great! Thanks
    @ Barb – I loved that shot also!
    @ YN-J – She did great!
    @ lvn – for sure! Thanks
    @ Lisa – Both were wonderful and I thought it was perfect to connect together for todays post! It must be great seeing them but give some room for the Red-breasted Nuthatch!

10 March 2008 at 11:12 pm

11. great poem and picture. i love mockingbirds.
    ~nita~

11 March 2008 at 2:24 am

12. floweret

Ooohs, lovely picture. I haven’t really seen a mockingbird upclose where I live in Asia, Borneo… though we have much hornbills. haha

11 March 2008 at 6:47 am

13. Probably my favorite haiku yet. Nice job – and a stellar shot.

11 March 2008 at 9:30 am

14. That’s a beautiful photo and Haiku. I like the Mockingbirds, too. Calm ones ;o)

11 March 2008 at 9:34 am

I was so excited I forgot to say Great Haiku Max! They do go well together.

This mocker was quite the model and shortly after this shot was almost eaten by a Coopers Hawk! You can see more by clicking on my Flickr shot for the whole story. (and a crumby shot of the Coopers ;D)

11 March 2008 at 9:38 am

D-uh just noticed Barb mentioned the Coopers on Flickr didn’t mean to plug it again ;D

Thanks for all the nice comments on my photo-makes me sing like a mocker-LOL!

I hope your Red Breasted comes back Lisa-Red Breasted are one of my faves

11 March 2008 at 10:04 am

17. Very nice contribution -love the haiku. Sing all night long, hmm?

11 March 2008 at 11:36 am

18. Thank you for sharing Marg’s beautiful photo with us! I love the haiku, too. 🙂

11 March 2008 at 12:38 pm

19. A wonderful post. Thank you!

11 March 2008 at 1:15 pm

20. Lovely. I love haiku and their balancing descriptions of nature.

11 March 2008 at 5:30 pm

21. Good job, Marg! Keep ’em coming. 🙂

11 March 2008 at 5:39 pm

22. @ Nita – thanks and both poem and picture were great together!
    @ Floweret – thanks and they are such great birds whenever we all get to see them. I would love seeing hornbills! Thanks for your visit!
    @ marty – thanks and they I need to get the girls to write some more of these!
    @ Mary – thanks and I am so glad I was able to share these with everyone!
    @ Marg – LOL, he did do great! You have just as great of an exciting life as we all do with the birds . . . you should do a guest post on here! Hint hint . . .
    @ Marg – 🙂 you are more than welcome to plug this picture as much as you want! It’s a great story for sure that everyone should see!
    @ Barb – thanks and these guys do for sure!
    @ Lisa – glad to be able to share both the haiku and photo with everyone!
    @ Dave – thanks and glad you enjoyed it!
    @ Me and your camera – it really requires being creative and they are not that easy to do! But when they are done right . . . very powerful! Thanks
    @ Lana – I so agree and you should see all her pictures on her photostream!

11 March 2008 at 8:20 pm

23. Wow that looks so different than the Northern Mockingbirds I see here (SF) – it must’ve been very cold out for it to be so hunkered down and fluffed up! Love the haiku – keep ’em coming!

12 March 2008 at 12:04 am

24. NatureShutterbug

So true! Does anyone understand why they sing all day and night? Great photo!

12 March 2008 at 1:35 am

25. @ Adam – I bet a few of your species looks a little different than ours! Thanks
    @ NatureShutterbug – Thanks and I think maybe it’s because they are on territory, making sure its neighbors remember not to come into its territory!

12 March 2008 at 6:31 pm

26. wow, now there is a bird I’m almost certain I’ve never seen. Thank you Monarch and Marg for sharing it with me. Very cool. Based upon your really nice poem maybe it’s a good thing? I love the shot btw!

13 March 2008 at 2:35 am

27. Beautiful, all three of you!

13 March 2008 at 7:29 pm

28. Great bird to make a poem about. They sing so many beautiful songs. Incredible shot!

20 March 2008 at 6:41 pm