Good First Day Back at Work

I planned on doing an interesting post this evening but was reminded about a meeting that I need to attend on invasive species! So, no big blog posting and no owl banding!! I promise to catch up with everyone blog here soon!!  After taking a weeks vacation, it really wasn’t that hard coming back to work today like I thought it would be!!  But, I do miss sleeping in till 10am each morning!   😦

Fall Orange Sulphur

Orange Sulphur from October 2002

I did locate an Orange Sulphur fluttering around this sunny warm afternoon (55F). I also had a Mink run across the road and disappeared along the stream somewhere (but couldn’t get a photo of it). We had some Buffleheads and a Scaup species swimming in Quaker Lake today. Red House Lake had a larger group of Buffleheads, Pied-billed Grebes and Horned Grebes!! As you can tell it was a very good day back at work today!

RSS feed Subscribe to Mon@rch All Rights Reserved ©2006-2007

1. That is a good picture! It is so cute. That is good that those birds are still hanging out there! I saw another loon on the lake today when I was down there. (This one was by the beach closer to me)

13 November 2007 at 5:36 pm

2. These lovelies are always so delicate looking… ~nita~

13 November 2007 at 7:39 pm

3. Lisa at Greenbow

Sleeping until 10 am. You are a young pup. Enjoy it while you can. I look forward to your posts even if you sleep in.

13 November 2007 at 9:39 pm

4. Grace

Hope the waterfowl will stick around a couple of days. I have a spotting scope that needs a workout.

13 November 2007 at 10:58 pm

5. NaturesPalette

Pretty butterfly. 🙂

14 November 2007 at 12:32 am

6. I remember when 55F was a “warm afternoon.” Did I mention that it was 80F here in Louisiana today? 😉 The sulphur, buckeye, painted lady & red admiral butterflies (& most of the others,) are still flitting around down here. A monarch emerged from its chrysalis at my friend’s house over this past weekend. Ahhhhhh, warmth. (Of course, nothing beats the colors of the Niagara Gorge in the fall, either, but I’ll still go w/warmth. *L*)

14 November 2007 at 1:00 am

7. Sleeping until 10? Don’t think I’ve done that for over 20 years!!! Lovely Sulphur. :c)

14 November 2007 at 6:42 am

8. @ Birdbander11 – thanks and sorry to hear about the loon! ugg, need to work on that post tonight!
    @ nita – thanks and would have been great to seen a comma or mourning cloak!
    @ Lisa – I slept that long all week but needed to catch up with my sleep before I got sick!
    @ Grace – Can’t wait to see it and their should be some birdies around!
    @ NaturesPalette – Thanks
    @ Lana – Great list of butterflies and 80F today! WOW! We had snow this weekend!
    @ Jayne – I would wake up at 7 as always but then roll over and take another 3 hour nap!

14 November 2007 at 7:05 am

9. WOW! I love that butterfly ~ what a stunning shot, Tom! I hope your day today is even better than yesterday. 🙂

14 November 2007 at 11:55 am

10. That’s a beautiful shot of the Orange Sulphur. No more sleeping in! Up and at’em.

14 November 2007 at 12:30 pm

11. Such a delicate butterfly. Thanks for posting it. I hope you had some coffee!

14 November 2007 at 1:57 pm

12. @ Ladybug – thanks and it’s one of my older shots! It was good but yesterday ended up being a very long day!
    @ Erie – thanks and no more sleeping in! Yeck!
    @ Trixie – Thanks and not a coffee drinker! But thanks!

14 November 2007 at 9:43 pm

13. Sleeping until 10? I haven’t done that in about 20 years. Your orange sulpher photo is so good – it looks almost transparent!

I’m glad you enjoyed your vacation!

16 November 2007 at 9:15 am

14. sleepign in till 10~~ Heaven but easy to do when its owls season!

16 November 2007 at 11:02 am

15. The Sulphur is beautiful Tom, you still getting those big spikes from Stumble, I have got some giant ones here lately 🙂

16 November 2007 at 3:02 pm