Wordless Wednesday

Lake Erie

Lake Erie Gull

I captured a few photos of Gulls along Lake Erie today.

1. You can tell that I don’t see that many gulls where I live!

28 August 2007 at 9:08 pm

2. I waved to you (and Jennifer) from the north shore of Lake Erie last weekend… there were lots of gulls on the Canadian side too.

28 August 2007 at 9:43 pm

and did you see any Little Gulls? ;D

28 August 2007 at 9:45 pm

4. Squirrels with wings!!! But still fun to photograph, nice work Tom.

28 August 2007 at 10:14 pm

5. Come to my house. We have gulls all the time.
    But I guess living near Lake Erie helps.
    So what part of Lake Erie were you? PA or NY

28 August 2007 at 10:36 pm

6. Flying rats?!? (just kidding)

Check out this link to some amazing gull photos from a fellow Minnesotan- Craig’s Birds
    The flight photos are beautiful.

Craig’s Birds

28 August 2007 at 11:22 pm

7. Hey, I adore gulls. (Of course logically I should not have grown up with them but they are everywhere – I think they fly up the Columbia River.) These are great shots Monarch. I like the whiteness of gulls, the serenity (and yep, even that they get close enough to you that you can feed them french fries; friendly guys!) if there were no doves in the world gulls would have gotten a better rap. Beautiful.

29 August 2007 at 1:02 am

8. Why do we feel compelled to say something when it’s supposed to be a wordless post? I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut, too.

For me, the sight or sound of gulls always brings back pleasant memories of the beach.

29 August 2007 at 9:21 am

9. I love your “Wordless Wednesday”, both the photos and the concept. Birdfreak does a “Phriday Photo” and I’ve been wracking my brain to come up with a clever name for a weekly post that is a photo only.
    Will keep you posted. In the meantime, keep up the cool pix!

29 August 2007 at 4:58 pm

10. The gulls probably did enough talking for this post. 🙂

29 August 2007 at 6:39 pm

11. I can ship you some gulls if you would like. They’re a dime a dozen up here, if that much.
    Argh on wordless wednesday, I wanna know *why* you were at Lake Erie State Park for work!

29 August 2007 at 7:43 pm

12. @ Ruth – I didn’t bring my binoc’s or I would have been looking for your wave! Next time I make it up to the lake, I will be waving to you!
    @ Marg – nope, I only wish I could see anything besides Ring-billed or Herring!
    @ Bernie – without a doubt, thanks!
    @ Toni – NY – Lake Erie State Park! Sure, I like gulls . . . . since I don’t see them that often!
    @ Lynne – I hear you for sure! Will check out for sure!
    @ aullori – thanks and they were taken quickly and was happy enough with them.
    @ Mary – I wanted to say much more, heck I even had to comment after the post! LOL I hear you for sure!
    @ Zen – There are many people who do Wordless Wednesday!! There is also feathery Friday and even fluttery Friday! Feel free to use any of these on your blog!
    @ Barb – for just a few gulls shots, I have been amazed at how many comments I have been getting on them!
    @ Pam – thanks and would be fun to really scatter those gulls around for all to see. I was at Lake Erie State Park taking someone around for work.

29 August 2007 at 9:47 pm

13. I guess I didn’t know how close you were to the lake. I imagine that means you have more snow than you know what to do with come winter…

31 August 2007 at 11:48 am

14. it takes me about an hour to get to the lake (whatever direction I go)! But, we are in the snow belt for sure and I live right next to Holiday Valley Ski Resort!

31 August 2007 at 12:17 pm