Little time to take notice of nature!

White Admiral

It is hard going to work with so many things going through my head right now. This weekend is our 2nd annual ASP Geobash where we will probably have anywhere from 300 to 500 people attending. Lucky I have an amazing committee of 16 that have done so much of the work and I am very appreciated for everything they have done. But, I have been getting non-stop emails regarding the event with so many last second things to think about. I just want the event to be here and happening!! I must admit that I am excited but then scared at the same time??

geobash group photo

Last Years Geobash Attendances

On top of everything going on with the Geobash, I just received my new computer yesterday. I never realized how many RSS feeds I had until I started adding them to my new computer!! I probably should have done my RSS feed via google online instead of through my browser! (jennimi Ya, I know!!) So, if I am behind in commenting on peoples blogs for the next week (you know I have multiple reasons why)!! I also got my Wireless Broadband Cellphone Card on Sunday! I found it 5X’s faster than dial-up but it wasn’t till I got my new computer that I realized that new computers don’t support PC Cards anymore!! AND…. my cell phone provider doesn’t support these new express cards!! I am back to dial-up again!!

Clubtail Dragonfly and Summer Azure

Nature continuing around me with little time to take notice!

1. You do sound busy. Computers can gobble up tons of time before you even notice. Add the Geobash to that, and you certainly have your hands full. Good luck with all of it. Great butterfly and dragonfly pics. Even the one with the dragonfly eating the butterfly!

15 May 2007 at 10:35 am

2. Wonderful picture of dragonfly lunch! I’m tired just reading about how busy you are- hang in there and good luck this weekend with the geobash!

15 May 2007 at 11:26 am

3. I feel bad about not having the time to spend on the internet with so many other things are happening!

15 May 2007 at 11:35 am

4. Mon@rch- don’t feel bad. The internet and blogging are amazing tools for learning and sharing but first we all need to get out there and live and experience life- otherwise there is nothing to share!

15 May 2007 at 12:19 pm

5. Amazing dragonfly shot! Thanks for sharing. We all get swamped sometimes and this is your time. No worries! 🙂

15 May 2007 at 4:01 pm

6. Have fun Tom! You’ll be back to nature real soon!! 😀

15 May 2007 at 4:04 pm

7. I would bet that you have a Midland Clubtail there! They are one of NY’s special interest dragonflies. I found a large population here in chat. county, but I bet Erin would like to know that you have them in Catt. too!

Good luck with the geo-bash, and I feel your express card pain. I am still looking for a compact flash memory card reader for mine.

15 May 2007 at 7:58 pm

8. Your dragonfly is great. I have a goal to get some good photos of them, too.

Don’t worry about keeping up. We are all swamped.

15 May 2007 at 9:18 pm

9. I’ve been using a Verizon express card for about a month – it works great. And yes, they are much faster than dialup.

I’m sure the Geobash will be successful – looks like fun!

15 May 2007 at 10:51 pm

Poor Tom-work, work, work!
    Don’t worry your internet friends will be here when you get back 😀

16 May 2007 at 9:39 am

11. Two gorgeous shots – really well done.

16 May 2007 at 10:12 am

12. You can hardly be faulted for focusing on the real world with so much going on! Love the first butterfly photo!

16 May 2007 at 10:18 am

13. Nice photos!-That’s a really cool dragonfly shot.

16 May 2007 at 7:35 pm

14. Thanks everyone! Tomorrow I have the bird-a-thon that I am doing and hope to get many birds! Then Friday is the start of the Geobash! Will try to update everyone as I can!

16 May 2007 at 8:15 pm