Mums Cardinals

Northern Cardinal

These Cardinals teased me at my parent’s house and I just had to grab my camera from the truck.

Female Northern Cardinal

The female would only come out when I wasn’t looking or eating.

Lady Love

This is the same picture but cropped!

Santa Cardinal

She even did some dress up for me as “Santa”.

1. Mon@rch, these are perfect shots! I was on a Cardinal hunt today but didn’t get close. Wonderful! Thanks for showing off their beautiful color.

18 February 2007 at 9:43 pm

2. I’m glad the Cardinals teased you enough for you to get your camera! These are some gorgeous photos! How did you get so close? I love seeing the colors on the female. She’s so pretty.
    I *love* the Santa photo! Excellent!

18 February 2007 at 9:57 pm

3. @ Mary, thanks but you know for once I wasn’t trying to get their picture! That is the reason that I did capture them! Normally they are everywhere except where my camera is!
    @ Pam – thanks and believe it or not but I shot these through my mothers window from inside! I have a 400mm lens on my camera!

18 February 2007 at 10:11 pm

4. Wow, great photos!

18 February 2007 at 10:33 pm

5. It’s Murphy’s Law of Bird Photography.

The cardinal with the beard is priceless.

18 February 2007 at 11:58 pm

6. Rick

love the cardinals. wonderful photos

19 February 2007 at 12:20 am

7. @ Laurie – aww thanks!
    @ Susan – isn’t it? Thanks and thought it was cute! Although lighting wasn’t the best with the bird!
    @ Rick – thanks!

19 February 2007 at 10:23 am

8. Oh my goodness, these are just beautiful. I’ve never seen a female cardinal with such light coloration, she’s beautiful.

19 February 2007 at 8:22 pm

9. Barb – She was an amazing Cardinal! Thanks!

19 February 2007 at 10:55 pm

10. I came over to visit you from Barbara’s blog!
    So glad i did and get to see these beautiful photos!
    Just wonderful!
    Loved them!
    Thank you!

Margie

20 February 2007 at 1:59 am

11. Beautiful set of shots – Our cardinals are still too shy to allow us to get very close, despite all of the feeding and putting multiple chicks back in the nest.

20 February 2007 at 5:10 pm

12. Margie – soo glad you took the time to visit here!! Thanks for such kind words!
    Marty – That’s why I headed over to my parents house! They don’t know what a camera is!!

20 February 2007 at 8:02 pm