Niagara Park Butterfly Conservatory

The Niagara Park Butterfly Conservancy

I visited the Niagara Park Butterfly Conservancy back in 2002 and enjoyed seeing these great butterflies up close. What I remember most was that the building was soo humid that I had a hard time capturing these pictures with my point and shoot camera (the lens kept fogging up). But there were turtles in the ponds and butterflies landing all over people.  If you are ever in Niagara Falls Canada . . . . you must visit this amazing place.

The Lady Hair Ordainment
The Stone Lady’s Hair Ordainment

Zebra Looking

Yellow Red and Green Pair

New Butterflies
Watching newly emerged butterflies dry!

Underside Orange n Black Butterfly

Black with Red Stripe Butterfly

Caligo species

A Child Having Fun
The child didn’t even know it was on his head!

Here is a slideshow to see all 43 photos that I captured on the 20th of April 2002!

RSS feed Subscribe to Mon@rch All Rights Reserved ©2006-2009
About these ads

1. That last picture is sweet!

20 February 2009 at 7:16 pm

2. It looks like butteryfly heaven. I especially love the hair ornament on the statue. Great photographs.

20 February 2009 at 8:10 pm

3. I wanted to go there even before I saw your photos, but now even more so.

20 February 2009 at 8:42 pm

4. I went to the Butterfly Place at the Boston Museum of Science a couple of months ago. It was quite an amazing experience to see so many different butterflies in one place! (I felt a little sad, though, to see several of the butterflies with thumb or finger-sized “bites” in their wings from where kids had held them too hard or roughly.)

20 February 2009 at 8:55 pm

5. Love the photos!! Such beautiful color!

The last photo is fantastic!

20 February 2009 at 9:07 pm

6. Bo

Ooooh! I want to go and see for myself! So lovely.

20 February 2009 at 9:28 pm

7. Ok, I’m going to have to go get a passport so I can visit Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. I have to visit this place!

20 February 2009 at 10:10 pm

8. That first picture is so artistic and just quite lovely – I give you an absolute ’10’!
    Love the two mating as well – lovely!

20 February 2009 at 10:27 pm

9. Yay for the Canadian side of the Niagara River! I have been here twice and would go again in a heartbeat. The Horticultural Gardens and Floral Clock here are also worth a visit and you must take the Niagara Parkway to Niagara on the Lake.

20 February 2009 at 10:45 pm

10. We have a butterfly exhibit here in Indy and I love going there! Thankfully our exhibit is not as humid so it is a photographers paradise.

I enjoyed your slideshow.

20 February 2009 at 11:31 pm

11. This post brought back many happy memories. I hope you also found time to visit the botanical gardens (on which the conservatory was built,) & the Niagara Glen (on the other side of river road, probably not even a mile upriver from there.)

21 February 2009 at 8:03 am

12. What a wonderful place! Enjoyed seeing your photos Tom. :c)

21 February 2009 at 1:14 pm

For a minute there I was going to yell at you for not telling me you were there but I guess if it was 2002 I’ll forgive you :P

Wonderful shots of one of my favourite places

21 February 2009 at 1:16 pm

14. Reminds me of something similar at Callaway Gardens.

21 February 2009 at 4:06 pm

15. What lovely butterflies! I can’t wait until I see them out in the springtime!

21 February 2009 at 4:24 pm

16. Wow, Tom, these butterfly pics are so beautiful. Definitely makes me want to go to a butterfly conservatory. Stunning.

21 February 2009 at 4:42 pm

17. @ Lynne – thanks
    @ ncmountain woman – it is fun place for sure! Thanks
    @ Wren – It is a very fun place to visit!
    @ Rondi – Isn’t it fun to have them flying around like that! Yes, some kids just don’t understand . . then again some adults can’t help themselves!
    @ Kallen – Thanks and butterflies are very colorful! :)
    @ Bo – do go if you have the chance!
    @ Linda – we should have a blogging fieldtrip there!
    @ Bird Girl – Thanks for the 10! :)
    @ Ruth – like I said with Linda, we should have a field trip!
    @ Robin – it can be very humid in those places! Thanks
    @ Lana – I have not visited the botanical gardens . . I should one day though!
    @ Jayne – thanks
    @ Marg – I would never do that to you!
    @ Revrunner – sounds like a great place you have!
    @ letspaintnature – spring isn’t that far away! 2 months and we will have some flying!
    @ Robin – thanks and they are fun . . . you should go to one!

21 February 2009 at 5:44 pm

18. Another great place to visit is the Butterfly Garden in Victoria, British Columbia. Amazing how humid these places can be. ;o)

23 February 2009 at 12:39 am